Do you happen to know what kind of shape your HVAC ductwork is in? If you don’t, not to worry! You’re not alone—with air ducts often being installed in attics, crawlspaces, and even behind drywall, they’re “out of sight and out of mind.” So, The Maynard Man wouldn’t expect you to be keeping an eye on yours. Or thinking about them much at all.
Unfortunately, however, this lack of awareness can lead to problems. Your HVAC ductwork is designed to bring the air that’s being cooled (or heated) from your comfort systems into your living space to keep you and your family comfortable and healthy.
The Problem with Damaged Ductwork
When ductwork is damaged, it can allow up to 30% of that conditioned air to escape. You will likely try to adjust the thermostat to compensate for the lack of comfort, without really realizing why that comfort is lacking, while in the meantime paying more than you should have to for an inefficient system and threatening the lifespan of that system as a result.
What you need to combat this is to first invest in professional duct testing services. This allows our experts to determine exactly where the trouble area is, and whether you need duct repair or replacement, or duct sealing. Professional duct sealing does the trick quite often! Read on to learn more.
The Benefits of Professional Duct Sealing
At this point, you might wonder why you can’t just buy some duct tape you saw at the hardware store and slap it on your damaged ducts.
- You might not be aware of all the problem areas your ductwork has, so even if this worked, you won’t be able to do a complete job.
- “Duct tape” is not actually appropriately named. While it’s great for art projects and quick DIY projects in the home, it is not sufficient to hold up on ductwork, as the fluctuating temperatures will cause the tape to become brittle and fall off within a few months.
Professional duct sealing involves the use of professional-grade mastic sealing, and this solution helps keep homes comfortable, energy efficient, and healthy. You’ll see a number of benefits including:
- The elimination of hot or cold spots throughout your home.
- Reduced fumes, dust, pollen, and other allergens and contaminants.
- Increased HVAC efficiency since no conditioned air will be permitted to escape.
- Eco-friendly HVAC operation since you will no longer waste energy.
Need a Helping Hand, Call The Maynard Man! We’re your Clean Air, Clean Water, Clean Energy Expert. Contact us today for quality duct testing and sealing services in Nashville, TN.