Heating & Air
Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Building Automation Systems
- Commercial Air Conditioning
- Commercial Heating
- Commercial Geothermal
- Commercial Water Heaters
- Backflow Prevention
- Grease Traps
- New Construction
- Maintenance Program
Duct Testing and Sealing in Nashville, TN
At Maynard, we are your clean air, clean water, and clean energy experts. We’ve seen it all in the last 80 years, and damaged ductwork is one of the most common issues we come across. Don’t trust a contractor telling you that duct replacement is your only option.
One of the reasons you’ll want to work with us is because we stick by our motto: SERVE. We serve our customers and our clients by always putting service first. We’re not here to sell you replacement equipment that you don’t need. Call the Maynard Man to have your ducts tested and sealed.
Need a Helping Hand, Call the Maynard Man.
When Should I Schedule Duct Testing?
Schedule duct testing as soon as you suspect that your ducts are in trouble. You want to recognize any such problems immediately so that you can schedule service. Here are some warning signs to keep in mind.
- Reduced energy efficiency. If your heating and cooling costs are on the rise, it may be due to leaky air ducts.
- Reduced indoor air quality. If your ducts are leaking, they can pull in pollutants and distribute them throughout your home.
- Uneven heating and cooling. Leaky ducts make it very difficult, if not impossible, to heat and cool your home evenly throughout.
- Whistling or hissing sounds. You may actually hear the sound of air leaking out of your air ducts.
How Does Duct Testing Work?
Duct testing in Nashville and Middle Tennessee is too complicated and requires too many tools to do it yourself. We’ll seal up your air ducts, and we’ll measure the air pressure in them against what the air pressure should be. That way, we can use the difference to determine if there are leaks, at which point we can go about pinpointing them.
Duct Sealing Requires a Professional Touch
If you think that you can seal air ducts with duct tape, think again! That name is not nearly as accurate as you’d think. Duct tape actually breaks down very quickly, especially with the temperature changes it would encounter on air ducts. We use special mastics in order to create a lasting seal on your ducts, and we’ll find the exact points of duct leakage to guarantee effective duct sealing.