When it comes to your AC, you should schedule a maintenance tune-up with a professional and trusted Nashville air conditioning contractor—The Maynard Man, once a year.
Through our Maynard Healthy Home Plus Plan, we provide our residential clients 4 annual maintenance inspections: one each for their cooling and heating systems, as well as one each for their electrical and plumbing systems.
This isn’t just a minor suggestion, or a luxury service. It’s how you’re going to squeeze the most efficiency from your home comfort systems, reduce repair needs, and help these systems last as long as possible.
Making Professional AC Maintenance Part of Your Home Care Routine
“How often do I need an air conditioner tune-up?”
As we mentioned above, through our Maynard Healthy Home Plus Plan, we provide our residential clients 1 annual maintenance inspection each for their cooling and heating systems (as well as their electrical and plumbing systems). This means your air conditioner needs to be tuned-up once annually.
So what’s that mean if you have a heat pump? After all, heat pumps are used for cooling and heating. Do you just get one HVAC inspection each year? No, actually—heat pump maintenance easily aligns with the 2 HVAC inspections our clients receive with their Maynard Healthy Home Plus Plan.
For the purposes of today’s post, we’re going to talk about air conditioning maintenance specifically. No, it’s never too late to schedule this service, and sure, there are even some AC maintenance tasks you can (and should) do on your own. This includes clearing out the area surrounding your outdoor unit, changing your air filter every 1-3 months, and checking to make sure that your vents and return grills are free of dust and grime.
Your yearly professional air conditioner tune-ups will benefit you by:
- Helping you avoid surprise breakdowns and repairs. We’ll alert you to any repair needs right away during your tune-up. This way, you can get repairs on your schedule ASAP rather than being surprised by them as they crop up.
- Maintaining your AC system’s life expectancy. Depending on the make and model, air conditioners are designed to last 10-15 years. Without regular care, they may break down sooner.
- Lowering your energy bills. During maintenance, we thoroughly clean and adjust necessary components, which helps your system perform efficiently.
- Giving you a peace of mind!
What Actually Happens During AC Maintenance?
Professional AC maintenance is a complex process, and that’s why The Maynard Man is here. The steps we take to maintain your air conditioning system include, but are not limited to:
- Checking your cooling system’s refrigerant levels to ensure there are no leaks.
- Checking and measuring airflow.
- Checking for worn or loosening belts.
- Cleaning and lubricating moving parts.
- Checking and calibrating your thermostat.
- Testing electrical connections to see if they need tightening, cleaning, or repair.
The Maynard Healthy Home Plus Plan
In addition to the 4 annual maintenance inspections for each of your systems, members of our Maynard Healthy Home Plus Plan receive:
- Priority scheduling,
- Waived diagnostic fees,
- 24-hour HVAC and plumbing service,
- Free water testing,
- Discounts on repairs and replacement,
- and more!
We even have options should you prefer a less comprehensive approach. Please don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team for more details.
Need a Helping Hand, Call the Maynard Man! We are The Clean Air, Clean Water, Clean Energy Expert.