Heating & Air
Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Healthy Home Plan
Winter Storm Preparedness & Safety Tips From The Maynard Man:
- Snow and ice storms can impact or damage the outdoor unit of your HVAC system. If you've noticed that your system is "acting funny" after an ice storm, give us a call.
- Ice can form on fan blades and components causing your unit to make strange noises and can lead to a full shut down.
- If it's safe and possible for you, clear the snow, ice, and other debris from around your outdoor unit.
- Change your air filter. It's going to help your heater stay functional and safe during a time like this.
- Keep your crawlspace warm. Walk around your house and close any foundation vents that may be open.
- Protect your pipes from freezing by letting the water drip from your faucet, keeping cabinet doors open to allow warm air to meet the pipes, and keep your garage door closed.
- Don't over-exert yourself while shoveling! Nearly 100 people die every year from heart attacks brought on by shoveling snow. Use caution, take breaks, push the snow instead of lifting it when possible, and lift lighter loads. Consider clearing the sidewalks of your elderly neighbors or neighbors with disabilities.