The Maynard Man here! If you’ve been following our blog, then you know how often we talk about maintenance. This is because it’s such an important service! It helps your air conditioner work as efficiently and effectively as possible, for as long as possible. But what actually happens during this service? We’ll answer that below.
In the meantime, we’ll note that we aren’t sharing these steps so you can attempt maintenance on your own. While you can help maintain your system by changing out your air filter every 1–3 months to ensure proper airflow, there’s a lot more to it than simply that. When The Maynard Man and team come out to tune up your air conditioner, we will:
- Check on both the evaporator and condenser coils to make sure that they are clean, unobstructed, and have the ability to absorb and release heat like they should.
- Check on the refrigerant level. Your AC is supplied with enough refrigerant to last its entire lifespan. If you’re losing some, we’re sorry to say it, but you have a leak! This must be located and repaired.
- Check the electrical connections. We may need to make some adjustments, like tightening them where necessary or replacing frayed wiring.
- Clean the condensate drain and pan. This way, moisture from your evaporator coil won’t overflow into your property.
- Clean and lubricate the blower fan motor and compressor motor. This prevents wear and tear from causing too much mechanical stress. That way, you don’t need to worry about these motors burning out.
- Check that the thermostat is reading the temperature correctly. We will recalibrate the component if it’s not!
- Replace or clean the air filter. Yes, we just said above that this is something you should be doing on your own—but it’s also something we’ll never neglect to check!
Thorough Preventive Maintenance
Ask about our Healthy Home Plan! This is our maintenance program that affords customers one heating, cooling, and plumbing inspection each, on an annual basis. Healthy Home members receive priority scheduling, no emergency dispatch fees, 24-hour service, discounts on repairs and replacement, and free water testing. Plus, the maintenance agreement is transferable.
With our comprehensive maintenance offering, you’ll never
again need to worry about inefficient HVAC operation, increased repair needs,
or a shortened system lifespan.
Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach
out, The Maynard Man is ready to SERVE—in fact, that’s our motto!
Need a Helping Hand, Call the Maynard Man! Contact The Clean Air, Clean Water, and Clean Energy expert today for quality air conditioning maintenance in Nashville.